Saturday, March 30, 2019

White Fang

   I just finished reading "White Fang" by Jack London. I really liked it. It was a very exciting book.

   It was set in the Yukon territory. White Fang's mother was part of a dog sled team. White Fang's den and a Native American village are some other settings. None of my other school books I have read this year have any of these settings.

   The book "White Fang" was written from White Fang's perspective. Whenever something happened in the story that White Fang did not understand, the Author would explain it. In other books, perspective comes from a human.

   There are lots of Themes in White Fang. Some of them are exposure to nature, hardship, curiosity, instinct, and happiness in rest. Some of these themes are in the other books I have been reading. For example, hardship is in Wulf the Saxon, happiness in rest is in all of them, and instinct is in no other book I have read.

   The book talks about White Fang's whole life from a pup to when he is an adult. Wulf the Saxon is the closest book to that. White Fang also has to learn from trial and error. The people in the other books learn from teachings instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment