Thursday, February 7, 2019

An Illinois Kid in the Hills of Bethlehem

   I don't know whether it was a dream or if I had really been transported back in time. Let me tell you my story. I was going to bed as usual and fell asleep. All of a sudden, I noticed that something was licking my face. After I opened my eyes, I saw stars and a sheep licking my face! I jumped up as fast as I could and looked around and found out that I was on a hillside surrounded by sheep! I was like, "What in the world?! Where am I?" I saw a town in the distance, but it did not look like a modern-day town.

   I said, "Where are all the cars, and the streetlights, and why are the people there using candles instead of electricity, and those houses dod not look like our house."

   Once I turned around, I noticed shepherds, but these shepherds had on tunics and robes and had shepherd canes. When we were trying to figure out who each other were, a bright light appeared in the night sky, and we were so afraid. But a loud, booming voice said, "Fear not, for behold, I bring tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For unto you this day in the city of David..."

   I could not believe what I was hearing! This was the night Jesus was born! After the angels left, we went to see Jesus. After I saw Jesus, I began to feel sleepy. I laid down on a piece of hay and fell asleep. When I woke up, I was in my bed again. What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment